NFSMW HD Reflections
1. Download and extract NFSMWHDReflections.zip.
2. Move the scripts folder to the game's install folder.
3. Download and extract Ultimate-ASI-Loader.zip
4. Move dinput8.dll to the game's install folder.
- HDReflections : Resolution will be increased based on desktop resolution.
- OldGPUCompatibility : Vehicle reflections will be rounded to the nearest power of two.
- VehicleScale : Controls the resolution multiplier of vehicle reflections.
- RoadScale : Controls the resolution multiplier of road reflections.
- MirrorScale : Controls the resolution multiplier of the rearview mirror.
- ImproveReflectionLOD : Increases the level of detail used in reflections.
- RestoreVisualTreatment : Adds visual treatment to the rearview mirror.
- RestoreShaders : Adds shader effects to reflections and enables barrier animations.
- RestoreDetails : Adds lights, car shadows, and particle effects to the rearview mirror.
- OptimizeRenderDistance : Reduces excessive render distance of reflections to improve performance.
- GeometryFix : Restores missing geometry, such as frontend reflections and world detail.
- VehicleReflectionBrightness : Controls the intensity of vehicle reflections.
- ExpandMemoryPool : Solves an issue that caused objects to disappear when too many polygons were present.
- Added OldGPUCompatibility. Fixes an issue that caused vehicle reflections to break for some GPUs.
- Updated GeometryFix. This feature now restores more missing geometry and produces results similar to the Xbox 360 version.
- Fixed an issue that made raindrops invisible.
- Fixed an issue that caused RestoreVisualTreatment = 2 to not work.
- Fixed missing effects in the rearview mirror.
- Fixed destroyed objects not appearing in the rearview mirror.
- Fixed destroyed objects layering issue.
- Fixed destroyed objects not working correctly with RestoreVisualTreatment.
- Destroyed objects now requires RestoreDetails ≥ 1 and ImproveReflectionLOD = 2.
- Added RestoreVisualTreatment.
- Simplified resolution options. ResolutionX and ResolutionY have been consolidated into HDReflections.
- Scaling options will now continue to work even if HDReflections = 0. This allows control over the original resolution values.
- Improved RestoreShader optimization.
- Renamed ExpandSlotPool to ExpandMemoryPool.
- Revised INI file.
- Removed MirrorTint.
- Removed HDReflectionBlur.
- Added VehicleReflectionBrightness.
- Updated INI file.
- Added readme
- Fixed another OptimizeRenderDistance bug.
- Revised INI file for better readability.
- Fixed a bug with ImproveReflectionLOD that made parked cars invisible.
- Updated RestoreDetails = 1. The sunflare has been added to the rearview mirror.
- Updated ImproveReflectionLOD = 2. Objects will no longer disappear when they're destroyed.
- Fixed a bug with RestoreShaders that caused flashing when the reflection update rate was changed.
- Fixed a bug with RestoreShaders that caused shadow artifacts to appear in reflections.
- Fixed a bug with ImproveReflectionLOD that caused geometric artifacts to appear in reflections.
- Updated default MirrorTint values.
- Updated RestoreShaders.
- Adjusted vehicle reflection brightness.
- Fixed OptimizeRenderDistance bug.
- Added desktop resolution detection.
- Reverted GeometryFix code to previous version.
- Added OptimizeRenderDistance.
- Updated GeometryFix.
- Added more resolution options.
- Added RestoreDetails.
- Added RestoreShaders.
- Added MirrorTint.
- Added ExpandSlotPool.
- Updated ImprovedReflectionLOD.
- Added more features to ImproveReflectionLOD.
- Optimized resolution scaling.
Q: What are the original resolution values?
A: It varies from game to game. For this one it's Road: 320x240, Vehicle: 256x256, and Mirror 256x256.
Q: Why haven't you added RealisticChrome yet?
A: It requires custom shaders that I haven't found a reliable way to implement. Ideally, I'm waiting for the next release of osdever's shaders.
Q: Why does the mirror look blurrier than usual?
A: This is due to how visual treatment works; it acts as a primitive form of anti-aliasing. You can get a sharper image with RestoreVisualTreatment = 2.
Q: Why did you remove the MirrorTint feature?
A: It's been replaced with RestoreVisualTreatment. The color of the visual treatment can be changed using Extra Options.
Q: Is this compatible with other mods?
A: I can't make any guarantees. It's been tested with Widescreen Fix, MW Fixes, Extra Options, Unlimiter, HUD Adapter, and HUD Resizer. All texture mods and car mods should work.
Q: What are the system requirements?
A: It's difficult to say because it depends on your resolution, settings, and other enhancements being used. For 1080p, anything with a GTX 1060 / RX 480, Core i5 / Ryzen 3 should be able to easily run this.
- Aero_ : Creator of NFSMW HD Reflections.
- ExOpts Team : The project is based on Extra Options and it wouldn't exist without them.
- osdever : Providing the information needed for RestoreShaders.
- elaymm4: Testing and feedback.
VelocityGTR (December 31, 2020 @ 15:58)Well, I managed to have it working and here's what I have to say
There are objects spawning in the distance and there are also textures like on billboards freaking out in the distance
The rendering felt like it's a downgrade, I don't know what to do about that
Also there's even objects spawning late too, it felt like a low graphics setting
VelocityGTR (December 31, 2020 @ 06:30)Why can't I save the settings in the file? It keeps saying I don't have permission to save
ModMax (November 26, 2020 @ 03:41)(R6025 - pure virtual function call) x2 since the update.
NAMEGG (November 17, 2020 @ 07:53)I'm very sorry, I made a mistake. Please ignore my previous comment.
NAMEGG (November 17, 2020 @ 07:48)thank you very much. I reported the problems encountered when using it. The four icons of Quick Race, Session Match, Create Game, and Select Car in LAN PLAY have not been made into HD. There are also left and right selection indicators without HD effect.
a2baa9-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.02KB) Latest Version
807e98-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.88KB) Old Version
ad7d7f-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.87KB) Old Version
f52a81-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.84KB) Old Version
f8e10d-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.84KB) Old Version
4f9036-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.86KB) Old Version
49f19a-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 128.58KB) Old Version
74725e-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.89KB) Old Version
889fec-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.72KB) Old Version
4dfffe-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.61KB) Old Version
5a2ef1-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.17KB) Old Version
da7bc6-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.1KB) Old Version
528a1d-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.07KB) Old Version
545828-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 126.49KB) Old Version
c1ad6e-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 126.26KB) Old Version
de6fe5-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 106.42KB) Old Version
a961ed-NFSMWDReflections.zip (Size: 105.42KB) Old Version