NFSMW HD Reflections
1. Download and extract NFSMWHDReflections.zip.
2. Move the scripts folder to the game's install folder.
3. Download and extract Ultimate-ASI-Loader.zip
4. Move dinput8.dll to the game's install folder.
- HDReflections : Resolution will be increased based on desktop resolution.
- OldGPUCompatibility : Vehicle reflections will be rounded to the nearest power of two.
- VehicleScale : Controls the resolution multiplier of vehicle reflections.
- RoadScale : Controls the resolution multiplier of road reflections.
- MirrorScale : Controls the resolution multiplier of the rearview mirror.
- ImproveReflectionLOD : Increases the level of detail used in reflections.
- RestoreVisualTreatment : Adds visual treatment to the rearview mirror.
- RestoreShaders : Adds shader effects to reflections and enables barrier animations.
- RestoreDetails : Adds lights, car shadows, and particle effects to the rearview mirror.
- OptimizeRenderDistance : Reduces excessive render distance of reflections to improve performance.
- GeometryFix : Restores missing geometry, such as frontend reflections and world detail.
- VehicleReflectionBrightness : Controls the intensity of vehicle reflections.
- ExpandMemoryPool : Solves an issue that caused objects to disappear when too many polygons were present.
- Fixed several resolution scaling errors.
- The behavior of the two ReplaceVisualTreatment settings have been swapped.
- Added OldGPUCompatibility. Fixes an issue that caused vehicle reflections to break for some GPUs.
- Updated GeometryFix. This feature now restores more missing geometry and produces results similar to the Xbox 360 version.
- Fixed an issue that made raindrops invisible.
- Fixed an issue that caused RestoreVisualTreatment = 2 to not work.
- Fixed missing effects in the rearview mirror.
- Fixed destroyed objects not appearing in the rearview mirror.
- Fixed destroyed objects layering issue.
- Fixed destroyed objects not working correctly with RestoreVisualTreatment.
- Destroyed objects now requires RestoreDetails ≥ 1 and ImproveReflectionLOD = 2.
- Added RestoreVisualTreatment.
- Simplified resolution options. ResolutionX and ResolutionY have been consolidated into HDReflections.
- Scaling options will now continue to work even if HDReflections = 0. This allows control over the original resolution values.
- Improved RestoreShader optimization.
- Renamed ExpandSlotPool to ExpandMemoryPool.
- Revised INI file.
- Removed MirrorTint.
- Removed HDReflectionBlur.
- Added VehicleReflectionBrightness.
- Updated INI file.
- Added readme
- Fixed another OptimizeRenderDistance bug.
- Revised INI file for better readability.
- Fixed a bug with ImproveReflectionLOD that made parked cars invisible.
- Updated RestoreDetails = 1. The sunflare has been added to the rearview mirror.
- Updated ImproveReflectionLOD = 2. Objects will no longer disappear when they're destroyed.
- Fixed a bug with RestoreShaders that caused flashing when the reflection update rate was changed.
- Fixed a bug with RestoreShaders that caused shadow artifacts to appear in reflections.
- Fixed a bug with ImproveReflectionLOD that caused geometric artifacts to appear in reflections.
- Updated default MirrorTint values.
- Updated RestoreShaders.
- Adjusted vehicle reflection brightness.
- Fixed OptimizeRenderDistance bug.
- Added desktop resolution detection.
- Reverted GeometryFix code to previous version.
- Added OptimizeRenderDistance.
- Updated GeometryFix.
- Added more resolution options.
- Added RestoreDetails.
- Added RestoreShaders.
- Added MirrorTint.
- Added ExpandSlotPool.
- Updated ImprovedReflectionLOD.
- Added more features to ImproveReflectionLOD.
- Optimized resolution scaling.
Q: What are the original resolution values?
A: It varies from game to game. For this one it's Road: 320x240, Vehicle: 256x256, and Mirror 256x256.
Q: Why haven't you added RealisticChrome yet?
A: It requires custom shaders that I haven't found a reliable way to implement. Ideally, I'm waiting for the next release of osdever's shaders.
Q: Why does the mirror look blurrier than usual?
A: This is due to how visual treatment works; it acts as a primitive form of anti-aliasing. You can get a sharper image with RestoreVisualTreatment = 2.
Q: Why did you remove the MirrorTint feature?
A: It's been replaced with RestoreVisualTreatment. The color of the visual treatment can be changed using Extra Options.
Q: Is this compatible with other mods?
A: I can't make any guarantees. It's been tested with Widescreen Fix, MW Fixes, Extra Options, Unlimiter, HUD Adapter, and HUD Resizer. All texture mods and car mods should work.
Q: What are the system requirements?
A: It's difficult to say because it depends on your resolution, settings, and other enhancements being used. For 1080p, anything with a GTX 1060 / RX 480, Core i5 / Ryzen 3 should be able to easily run this.
- Aero_ : Creator of NFSMW HD Reflections.
- ExOpts Team : The project is based on Extra Options and it wouldn't exist without them.
- osdever : Providing the information needed for RestoreShaders.
- elaymm4: Testing and feedback.
JOHN30011887 (November 04, 2020 @ 17:15)Great new update :D
Exogery (August 04, 2020 @ 13:04)Is there a way to force road reflections enabled all time, not only during the rain?
AngelDust (June 12, 2020 @ 21:00)When will you add the " realistic chrome " into the NFS MW HD Reflections releases ?
D3M1EN (April 19, 2020 @ 22:37)@Aero You will make a fix on the NFS UC?
There is trouble.
r1tavratask1 (February 22, 2020 @ 08:37)Ok, is it normal that Texmod doesn't replace ingame texture
if I use HD Reflection?
69b559-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.25KB) Latest Version
a2baa9-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.02KB) Old Version
807e98-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.88KB) Old Version
ad7d7f-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.87KB) Old Version
f52a81-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.84KB) Old Version
f8e10d-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.84KB) Old Version
4f9036-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.86KB) Old Version
49f19a-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 128.58KB) Old Version
74725e-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.89KB) Old Version
889fec-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.72KB) Old Version
4dfffe-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.61KB) Old Version
5a2ef1-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.17KB) Old Version
da7bc6-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.1KB) Old Version
528a1d-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 129.07KB) Old Version
545828-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 126.49KB) Old Version
c1ad6e-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 126.26KB) Old Version
de6fe5-NFSMWHDReflections.zip (Size: 106.42KB) Old Version
a961ed-NFSMWDReflections.zip (Size: 105.42KB) Old Version