NFSC 288 GTO [addon]
Base car by Slightly Mad Studios from Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends; rims and brakes by Turn10 from Forza 3, tyres by Kunos Simulazioni from Assetto Corsa. Uses default NFS Carbon driver.
Replaces nothing, XNAME is TDF288.
- 1 paintable stock kit; no vinyl support [yet]
- can only by customised with rims, spoilers and roof scoops
- can swap between popup lights up/down by using "front bumper" section in autosculpt customisation menu
- 3 NOS upgrades and 1 of each other performance upgrades
- Tier 2 exotic; available as soon as you create a new savegame, costs 115,000
As this is an addon rather than a replacement, you'll need a couple tools:
- Carbon Unlimiter by nlg
- Binary by MaxHwoy
- NFS VLTEd
Once you have those, download the archive, unpack it anywhere and follow the instructions below:
- launch Binary [make sure you also installed its dependencies], click on User Mode [the left-hand side icon], select "binary_install.end" inside "288_ADDON/main", point to Carbon's main install directory, wait for Binary to install the car, press "Yes" when asked to save changes, but don't run the game just yet
- close Binary, launch VLTEd -> "File" -> "Open" -> nagivate to where Carbon is installed; afterwards "File" -> "Import" -> "Modscript", browse to "288_ADDON" -> "main" and select "vlt_install.nfsms", click Install, and VLTEd will apply the script; once done, press Ctrl+S to save the changes
After that's all done, you have to create a new savegame. Given how Binary arranges datablocks when saving, it will break all existing preset cars, including boss, bonus, custom, crew rides and all cars in "My Cars" list.
The car was tested on an NFSC 1.4 CE installation with the latest version of Improvement Mod, but it should also work fine with ANY other mod, provided said mod does not exceed 44 addon cars.
Big thanks to Aceofsquares, MrAdam, Avalanche and RaTT for their help with this mod.
- changed rim shader to fix a rendering issue
- changed brakelight, indicator, caliper and emblem shaders for improved look
- separated all windows to give them individual visual damage
- replaced rotors with vanilla Carbon ones
- added brake marker to correct rotor/caliper offsets
- fixed erroneous tyre width with aftermarket rims applied
- price decreased to 90,000
- adjusted torque, induction and final gear specs to better match the car's tier
- updated the car to use Binary v2 as the primary installation method; don't use Ed The Car Dealer and don't try to install the mod manually
- increased the price to 115,000
- updated master script with code that checks whether a frontend TPKBlock was renamed by Texed and reverts its original name if required; this will prevent frontend logos from failing to install
SGA0901 (April 30, 2021 @ 21:03)Hello, ehwn you have the car installed, how you do to updated? or is get it automatically?
bruhmoment123 (August 20, 2020 @ 11:35)Tell me how to fix this error after adding car on ed?