Need For Speed Carbon - Cross Pursuit Fix
This script fixes Cross appearing as an RPD officer, instead replacing him with the bounty hunter version from the game's intro. The mod also changes the car's collision reactions, sounds, damage effects, and weight to be more in-line with its racer counterpart. I have also added the option to swap out a generic black Corvette for Cross in the Heat Level 5 busted scene, as well as the option to double Cross' spawnrate. Lastly, there is an additional optional feature in which Heat Level 10 consists entirely of these powerful units, try it out!
- Download and extract the .zip file on this page.
- Open VLT-Edit (by nfsu360).
- Click on "File -> Open" and navigate to your game's root folder. The game's database will load onto the screen.
- Click on "File -> Import -> ModScript" and navigate to the extracted mod folder.
- Import the ModScript (.nfsms file).
- Be sure to read all information provided at the installation menu.
- Check bonus boxes if you want extra features.
- Once the script loads, click "File -> Save".
- Run the game and enjoy!
- Cross still uses the police flashing headlights effect, but I cannot fix it since it is either hardcoded or hidden behind dependencies.
- Nothing else. Please report bugs, flaws, or improvements in the comments or contact me directly!
- 2/2/20 @ 15:16 - v1.0.0, initial release.
- 5/23/20 @ 12:07 - v1.1.0, modified damagespecs, acceleration multiplier, and fixed audio settings to use engine sound instead of sirens.
- 5/23/20 @ 12:19 - v1.1.1, revised thumbnail and modpage, added option to replace old Heat Level 10 RPD units with new ones.
- 8/8/21 @ 22:30 - Rewrote the entire script(!) for a smoother and more efficient experience, and squashed a few bugs along the way.
- 8/8/21 @ 22:38 - Revised modpage and updated thumbnail to fit new personal styling guidelines.
- nfsu360 - Creation and development of VLT-Edit.
- Avalanche - Development and implementation.
- Splash45 - Playtesting and enthusiastic support.
- rx - Feedback and identification of spikestrip bug.
mrvideogame (October 15, 2020 @ 18:19)Hey Man One Issue I Have With This Is That The Texture Disappears Everytime I See it
I Have Followed Insturctions
And I Have This Weird Shizzz
BigyPalmontPolice (June 22, 2020 @ 15:29)Boss af BEST MOD I WILL CLICK LOVE THIS MOD :D
Avalanche (May 23, 2020 @ 20:52)Added the option to replace the Heat 10 cops with racer Cross as per request, no promises on the MW update but it's on the table.
MilaRacequeen (April 23, 2020 @ 14:15)when will this be updated or when will this mod be for most wanted 05?
RickyAstle98 (April 09, 2020 @ 15:55)I experimented with some values (VLT) and this is what I got)))) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R0UWTK9zap7-al_ihT1ynUprBuTs5U32
b5251e-NFSC Patch - Cross Pursuit Fix (2.0.0).zip (Size: 577.61KB) Latest Version
14db01-NFSC Patch - Cross Pursuit Fix (1.1.1).zip (Size: 451.9KB) Old Version
7e441d-NFSC Patch - Cross Pursuit Fix (1.1.0).zip (Size: 451.85KB) Old Version