NFSC F40 [addon]
Base car by Slightly Mad Studios from Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends; additional meshes and textures from Assetto Corsa, Forza 3, HP2010 and Heat. Uses default NFS Carbon driver.
Replaces nothing, XNAME is TDFF40.
- stock kit - standard bodywork; kit 1 - standard bodywork with popups open; kit 2 - 1989 F40 LM bodywork
- scratch-made vinyl mapping, see below for details
- 3 NOS upgrades and 2 of each other performance upgrades
- Tier 3 exotic; available as soon as you create a new savegame, costs 215,000
Note regarding vinyls:
Car uses the same UV style as all other vanilla NFSC cars, but wing, wing sides, and side mirrors were moved aside:
- to paint mirrors, move vinyls towards the front wheel arches
- to paint the top/bottom part of stock wing, move vinyls behind the rear bumper; for wing sides, move vinyls towards rear wheel arches
As this is an addon rather than a replacement, you'll need a couple tools:
- Carbon Unlimiter by nlg
- Binary by MaxHwoy
- NFS VLTEd
Once you have those, download the archive, unpack it anywhere and follow the instructions below:
- launch Binary [make sure you also installed its dependencies], click on User Mode [the left-hand side icon], select "binary_install.end" inside "F40_ADDON/main", point to Carbon's main install directory, wait for Binary to install the car, press "Yes" when asked to save changes, but don't run the game just yet
- close Binary, launch VLTEd -> "File" -> "Open" -> nagivate to where Carbon is installed; afterwards "File" -> "Import" -> "Modscript", browse to "F40_ADDON" -> "main" and select "vlt_install.nfsms", click Install, and VLTEd will apply the script; once done, press Ctrl+S to save the changes
After that's all done, you have to create a new savegame. Given how Binary arranges datablocks when saving, it will break all existing preset cars, including boss, bonus, custom, crew rides and all cars in "My Cars" list.
The car was tested on an NFSC 1.4 CE installation with the latest version of Improvement Mod, but it should also work fine with ANY other mod, provided said mod does not exceed 44 addon cars.
Big thanks to Aceofsquares, RaTT, MrAdam and Avalanche for their help with this mod.
- changed rim, brakelight, indicator, emblem and headlight shaders for improved look
- completely replaced tyres, rims and calipers with lightweight meshes from Assetto Corsa; updated their respective textures
- swapped custom rotors to vanilla Carbon ones
- just like Countach, fixed an issue that could occasionally cause the upgraded car to be stuck at low RPM at the starting grid
- increased price to 215,000
- corrected body UV to better accommodate vinyls
- fixed broken normals on the wing lettering by replacing full 3D mesh with a lightweight one from Heat; kudos to ARCHIE for this
- updated the car to use Binary v2 as the primary installation method; don't use Ed The Car Dealer and don't try to install the mod manually