dumb-hshift (ug, ug2, mw)
use a h-shifter with either underground, underground 2 or most wanted.
if you use mods like reshade and other certain script mods, it can upset the script. if you have erratic behavior, try running your game with less mods that could modify memory. i personally only use basic mods (widescreen patch and extra options seem to cause no issues).
- underground: speed.exe (US 1.4, 3,178,496 bytes)
- underground2: SPEED2.EXE (US 1.2, 4,800,512 bytes)
- most wanted: speed.exe (US 1.3, 6,029,312 bytes)
- windows 7 sp1 64bit (6.1.7601)
- windows 10 1903 64bit (10.0.18362) - thanks to datpipboy!
all 32bit/64bit editions of windows, starting with xp, should be compatible. 2000 sp4 with updates may be compatible, according to: https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/44531-autohotkey-system-requirements/#entry474435
- visual c++ 2010 redistributable x86
how to use:
1. go to \tools\ and open joytest.exe, press a button to start displaying your controller's inputs
2. open the .ini of the corresponding game you want to affect. by default, the ini is set up for the logitech G27
3. scroll down to the section [buttonsGears], and make the appropriate changes while looking at joytest
4. when done configuring, close joytest by heading into the tray and rightclicking it
5. now run the corresponding .exe of dumb-hshift, either before or after the game is launched, your choice. you can also restart dumb-hshift while the game is running. dumb-hshift closes when the game does.
due to the nature of this tool, anti-virus might flag it as malicious and/or intercept with the script's functionality.