NFSC Diablo SV [addon]
Base car by Criterion Games from Most Wanted 2012; misc parts and textures from World, Shift 2 and Real Racing 3. Uses default NFS Carbon driver.
Replaces nothing, XNAME is CMWDIABLO.
- 1 paintable kit with semi-accurate vinyl support
- can be customised with rims, spoilers and roof scoops
- can come with a pre-installed SV vinyl, see below for more information
- can swap between popup lights up/down by using "front bumper" section in autosculpt customisation menu
- 3 NOS upgrades and 1 brakes/chassis/engine/turbo/tyres/transmission upgrade
- Tier 3 exotic; available as soon as you create a new savegame, costs 215,000
As this is an addon rather than a replacement, you'll need a couple tools:
- Carbon Unlimiter by nlg
- Binary by MaxHwoy
- NFS VLTEd
Once you have those, download the archive, unpack it anywhere and follow the instructions below:
- launch Binary [make sure you also installed its dependencies], click on User Mode [the left-hand side icon], select "user_install.end" inside "DIABLO_ADDON/main", point to Carbon's main install directory, choose the desired options, then wait for Binary to install the car, press "Yes" when asked to save changes, but don't run the game just yet
- close Binary, launch VLTEd -> "File" -> "Open" -> nagivate to where Carbon is installed; afterwards "File" -> "Import" -> "Modscript", browse to "DIABLO_ADDON" -> "main" and select "vlt_install.nfsms", click Install, and VLTEd will apply the script; once done, press Ctrl+S to save the changes
After that's all done, you have to create a new savegame. Given how Binary arranges datablocks when saving, it will break all existing preset cars, including boss, bonus, custom, crew rides and all cars in "My Cars" list.
The car was tested on an NFSC 1.4 CE installation with the latest version of Improvement Mod, but it should also work fine with ANY other mod, provided said mod does not exceed 44 addon cars.
Big thanks to DanZeeManz, Neon, rnz, DavidMiller, MrAdam, MaxHwoy and Avalanche for their help with this mod.
About the SV vinyl: due to its somewhat hacky nature, you won't be able to remove it or install standard vectors.
You can either re-run the user mode binary installer and leave the vinyl option unchecked, or make a change by editing the data directly:
- launch binary for modders [three cogs on the right-hand side]
- make a new launcher for NFS Carbon: "Main -> "New Launcher" in top left, select main NFSC folder, pick "Modder" as type and "Carbon" as game
- save the launcher wherever you want, then "Main" -> "Load files" and select the newly created launcher
- paste the following into the script box and press F9 to run the command:
update_collection GLOBAL\GLOBALB.LZC PresetSkins CMWDIABLO GenericVinyl ""
- press Ctrl+S to save changes
This will let you disable the vinyl without reinstalling everything or creating a new save game.
Note that if you already added the car to My Cars or career garage, you will have to sell/remove it to use vinyls, but the next time you add it, it will show up without prefab vinyls and you can freely install standard vectors.
If you want to re-enable the SV vinyl, run binary as described above and use the following command instead [don't forget to press F9 to run the said command]:
update_collection GLOBAL\GLOBALB.LZC PresetSkins CMWDIABLO GenericVinyl CMWDIABLO