NFSMW (2012) HD Effects
HOW TO USE
1. Download and extract NFSMW2012HDEffects.zip.
2. Move the scripts folder and dinput8.dll file to the game's install folder.
3. Configure settings in NFSMW2012HDEffects.ini.
- Fixed CinematicMode freezing the game when loading some races and cars.
- INI file corrections.
- VehicleReflectionRes : Controls the resolution of vehicle reflections.
- WaterReflectionRes : Controls the resolution of water reflections.
- ShadowRes : Controls the resolution of world shadows.
- HeadlightShadowRes : Controls the resolution of shadows cast by headlights.
- ReflectionShadowRes : Controls the resolution of shadows used in reflections.
- WorldDistance : Controls the draw distance of the entire game world.
- WaterReflectionDistance : Controls the draw distance of water reflections.
- VehicleReflectionDistance : Controls the draw distance of vehicle reflections.
- CinematicMode : Enables a hidden setting that improves the level of detail and quality of various effects.
- AutoRefreshGraphics : Solves an issue that caused grass, bushes, and trees to not render until the resolution was changed.
- MotionBlurStrength : Controls the intensity of the motion blur effect and improves consistency.
- SetReflectionShadow : Allows users to enable or disable reflection shadows without affecting other shadows.
- SetDOF : Allows users to enable or disable depth of field without affecting motion blur.
- ToggleHUD : Determines if the HUD is enabled at launch.
- ToggleHUDhotkey : Controls the ToggleHUD setting while playing.
- ToggleScreenDirt : Determines if the Screen Dirt effect is enabled at launch.
- ToggleScreenDirthotkey : Controls the ToggleScreenDirt setting while playing.
Q: What version of the game is this compatible with?
A: This has been tested using the official Steam and Origin releases, version 1.5.
Q: What are the system requirements?
A: For 1080p, a GTX 1060 / RX 480 should be enough for the settings I've provided. Higher resolutions will require more powerful hardware.
Q: My PC isn't very good, can I still use this?
A: All settings can be adjusted in the INI file. If your PC was already capable of playing this game, you can basically get the same experience but with the benefits provided by this mod.
Q: What is CinematicMode?
A: It's a hidden setting that improves the graphics beyond what was originally possible. I suspect it was used for creating trailers and screenshots based on its behavior.
Q: Does CinematicMode allow me to control the camera?
A: No, it improves the graphics. It does nothing else as far as I'm aware.
Q: Why do reflections still look blurry when viewed at a distance?
A: This is due to mipmapping and materials. I could make them sharper, but this will effectively break the way the materials are rendered.
Aero_ : Creator of NFSMW2012 HD Effects.
ThirteenAG : Creator of Ultimate-ASI-Loader.
BadassBaboon : Beta testing and feedback.
DeFy : Beta testing and feedback.
ModMax (May 12, 2021 @ 03:33)Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
GrabussPC (May 06, 2021 @ 18:20)oops. wrong mod
GrabussPC (May 06, 2021 @ 18:17)ok so i like this mod but here's the problem. Pagani's sound is very inaccurate as it now sounds like Zonda R. I have a plan, Change Huyara sound (Here's an example: https://youtu.be/ZVzlMPJGxAE And The Sound, which you changed in pagani Huyara, change this sound to Zonda R (DLC Car ) and find the exact huyara sound. I'm not forcing you, just saying. Overall 9/10
NFSUSER (May 04, 2021 @ 14:53)So my portable toaster needs maintenance.ヽ (ヅ) ノ
alexelcaza (May 04, 2021 @ 01:59)no? it looks like regular inaccurate reflections
also are you using intel integrated graphics? because 25 fps in mw2005 is a big oof (unless you are doing something stupid like x8 ssaa)