Need for Speed Most Wanted - Free Run Mod
-Pursuit support has officially been added! Have fun escaping the cops in free run mode! Enabling cops can be accomplished by combining this mod with NFS Most Wanted RaceFixes by nlgzrgn.
What does this mod do:
In Need for Speed Underground 2, it's possible to free drive around Bayview in Quick Race, meaning that you can use your custom non-career cars and stock cars to free drive around Bayview. However, this option does not exist in Need For Speed Most Wanted. As a result, it's impossible for anyone to test drive their custom non-career cars or stock cars in Quick Race mode or just have a nice time exploring Rockport in such cars. This mod adds a special race to the list of Quick Race tracks that has no finish line or barriers. It also supports LAN play, allowing you to free run with other people online. Furthermore, it allows you to race around Rockport with AI Opponents, which is great for those who may want to practice racing around with others.
How does it work:
Need for Speed Most Wanted has a gameplay file that stores every race. This file can be modified to add more races without any other executable modifications such as NFS Most Wanted Unlimiter by nlgzrgn. This mod is technically a empty race with no finish line, checkpoints, or barriers, allowing anyone to drive freely around Rockport. The empty race is also marked as a Pursuit Race so the game will hide the total time in the race and use the open world map. Also, this empty race is disguised as a challenge series race, so pursuit breakers and hiding spots show up on the map.
Installation Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gckhtmG-OW8
1. Make sure your copy of NFS Most Wanted is Vanilla.
2. Download NFS VLT-Ed, Labrune, and NFS Tex-Ed (1.7 or later).
3. Install the "Free Run Mod.nfsms" script using NFS VLT-Ed. (Go to the game directory using File->Open, after opening, click on File->Import->Modscript, and choose the modscript in the mod directory.)
4. Install the "Language Patch English.txt" file using Labrune by selecting the "English.bin" found in the LANGUAGES folder using Labrune and clicking on File->Import->Text File. Import the text file in the Mod Directory by selecting it.
5. Using NFS Tex-Ed, open up the Trackmaps.bin file and go to Texture->Add and add the TRACK_MAP_FREERUN.dds file to the bin file.
6. If you are using an existing save file, complete the first challenge in the Challenge Series (Even if you completed it earlier). New users don't need to do this.
7. Enjoy! For the best results racing alone, install NFS Most Wanted Extra Options by nlgzrgn to allow for 0 opponents
1. Pursuits do not work properly when using RaceFixes by nlgzrgn. Although Pursuit breakers and Hiding Spots show up on the map, bounty does not count up properly.
2. Other languages are not officially supported as of now.
3. For some reason, tracks initially unlocked at the beginning of the game do not get unlocked automatically for existing players.
Want to Contribute?
This project is in a BETA stage, and may have some issues, if you can help me solve them, write an ASI script to fix them, or report them, please email me at: [email protected]
Make sure to only upload ASI files to patch the executable or modified game files. Unmodified game files are allowed as long as they are files not found in the US version of the game, such as the Japanese language files or voice clips from other languages.
Game executables (even if they are modified) are not accepted.
OLOLESZCZ13 (July 15, 2021 @ 05:26)@clya900 well thanks for replying to my comment have a nice day
clya900 (July 14, 2021 @ 20:51)#OLOLESZCZ13
Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gckhtmG-OW8
clya900 (July 14, 2021 @ 19:33)#MarinaPL
Thanks for letting me know. I tested the Pepega mod and found it already has free run, so this issue is dismissed.
MarinaPL (July 14, 2021 @ 01:43)Good mod. eveyrthing is working.
Ps. pepega mod already have freerun race.