Need for Speed Most Wanted - Free Run Mod
-Now you can select zero opponents using this mod without using Extra Options. To do this, copy all contents from the "DO NOT INSTALL IF USING EXTRA OPTIONS" folder. Do not install this if you are using NFS Most Wanted extra options.
Source Code: https://github.com/clya900/NFSMWFreeRunMod
What does this mod do:
In Need for Speed Underground 2, it's possible to free drive around Bayview in Quick Race, meaning that you can use your custom non-career cars and stock cars to free drive around Bayview. However, this option does not exist in Need For Speed Most Wanted. As a result, it's impossible for anyone to test drive their custom non-career cars or stock cars in Quick Race mode or just have a nice time exploring Rockport in such cars. This mod adds a special race to the list of Quick Race tracks that has no finish line or barriers. It also supports LAN play, allowing you to free run with other people online. Furthermore, it allows you to race around Rockport with AI Opponents, which is great for those who may want to practice racing around with others.
How does it work:
Need for Speed Most Wanted has a gameplay file that stores every race. This file can be modified to add more races without any other executable modifications such as NFS Most Wanted Unlimiter by nlgzrgn. This mod is technically a empty race with no finish line, checkpoints, or barriers, allowing anyone to drive freely around Rockport. The empty race is also marked as a Pursuit Race so the game will hide the total time in the race and use the open world map. Also, this empty race (in the pursuit support beta) is disguised as a challenge series race, so pursuit breakers and hiding spots show up on the map.
Installation Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gckhtmG-OW8
1. Make sure your copy of NFS Most Wanted is Vanilla.
2. Download NFS VLT-Ed, Labrune, and NFS Tex-Ed (1.7 or later).
3. Install the "Free Run Mod.nfsms" script using NFS VLT-Ed. (Go to the game directory using File->Open, after opening, click on File->Import->Modscript, and choose the modscript in the mod directory.)
4. Install the "Language Patch English.txt" file using Labrune by selecting the "English.bin" found in the LANGUAGES folder using Labrune and clicking on File->Import->Text File. Import the text file in the Mod Directory by selecting it.
5. Using NFS Tex-Ed, open up the Trackmaps.bin file and go to Texture->Add and add the TRACK_MAP_FREERUN.dds file to the bin file.
6. If you're not using NFS Most Wanted Extra Options, copy all the contents from the "DO NOT INSTALL IF USING EXTRA OPTIONS" folder to the root of the game directory.
7. If you are using an existing save file, complete the first challenge in the Challenge Series (Even if you completed it earlier). New users don't need to do this.
1. Pursuits do not work properly when using RaceFixes by nlgzrgn. Although Pursuit breakers and Hiding Spots show up on the map, bounty does not count up properly.
2. Other languages are not officially supported as of now.
3. For some reason, tracks initially unlocked at the beginning of the game do not get unlocked automatically for existing players.
4. When pursuit support is added, a new race is added to the Challenge Series Completion, making it impossible to 100% complete the game.
Want to Contribute?
This project is in a BETA stage, and may have some issues, if you can help me solve them, write an ASI script to fix them, or report them, please email me at: [email protected]
Make sure to only upload ASI files to patch the executable or modified game files. Unmodified game files are allowed as long as they are files not found in the US version of the game, such as the Japanese language files or voice clips from other languages.
Game executables (even if they are modified) are not accepted.
Opponent modifier code. (C) 2021 ExOpts Team. No rights reserved. Licensed under GNU GPL. Hardcoded values used instead of values set by NFSMW Extra Options Configuration.
Injectors - LINK (C) 2012.
Ultimate ASI Loader - Copyright (c) 2018 ThirteenAG
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
RUS172 (July 09, 2021 @ 07:00)Why I can't add the map texture?!
JJBRWBYLadybug27 (July 09, 2021 @ 00:27)How is this possible?
GeorgeMonroe (July 08, 2021 @ 21:02)I created an account to write this comment
Mod really rocks
What about... create one more category (Quick play, Custom race, Split Screen) and Free Roam.
Would be awesome.
95c662-nfsmw-free_run.zip (Size: 1.33MB) Latest Version
58e7f0-nfsmw-free_run.zip (Size: 1.33MB) Old Version
b62d1f-nfsmw-free_run.zip (Size: 292.46KB) Old Version
ddcfe7-nfsmw-free_run.zip (Size: 291.63KB) Old Version
acc417-nfsmw-free_run.zip (Size: 291.52KB) Old Version
66d82b-nfsmw-free_run.zip (Size: 291.42KB) Old Version