Need For Speed Carbon - Better Light Flares
This mod aims to improve Carbon's graphics by touching up the look of the light flashes and flares frequently seen in-game. The goal was to create a more refined and vibrant look that still fits the game's atmosphere. The color contrast of police lights, headlights, and taillights have been increased, as well as the size and style of some of these effects. Also included is the option to disable white police lights, as seen in the console releases of the game. This mod is certified to be fully compatible with all other graphical effects and mods, provided it is installed after them.
- Download and extract the .zip file on this page.
- Open VLT-Edit (by nfsu360).
- Click on "File -> Open" and navigate to your game's root folder. The game's database will load onto the screen.
- Click on "File -> Import -> ModScript" and navigate to the extracted mod folder.
- Import the ModScript (.nfsms file).
- Be sure to read all information provided at the installation menu. If there is none, simply click "Continue".
- Check bonus boxes if you want extra features.
- Once the script loads, click "File -> Save".
- Run the game and enjoy!
- None. Please report bugs, flaws, or improvements in the comments or contact me directly!
- 7/28/21 @ 10:18 - v1.0.0, initial release.
- 8/8/21 @ 21:04 - v1.0.0, fixed modpage typos.
- nfsu360 - Creation and development of VLT-Edit.
- Avalanche - Development and implementation.
- Red_Fire - Advice, testing, and fine tuning.
- GrishiCat - Advice and feedback.