NFSMW Front-End Shadows [v2.1]
HOW TO USE
1. Download and extract NFSMWFEShadows.zip.
2. Move the scripts folder and dinput8.dll to the game's install folder.
3. Download the latest version of the Widescreen Fix for the best results.
- Added RestoreShadows. An EXPERIMENTAL option that restores missing shadows in the front-end.
- Complete rendering code overhaul. There should be absolutely zero rendering bugs now.
- Fixed a bug that made decals render underneath the windshield.
- Removed FakeShadow options due to rendering code improvements.
- DisableShadowsOnCars has been enabled by default again.
- Updated Ultimate-ASI-Loader (dinput8.dll).
- Full compatibility with "Xbox 360 Stuff Pack". All features and settings should now work correctly.
- Fixed self-shadowing. Shadows will now render on cars without the buggy self-shadowing it had before.
- Fixed particle (smoke) speed. This problem was noticeable when using "Xbox 360 Stuff Pack v2", doubling the speed of all particle effects in the front-end. I was able to mitigate this issue in previous releases, but now it has been completely fixed.
- Code clean-up.
- Improved reliability.
- Published source code.
- Fixed a visual bug that occurred when "punchthru" alpha blending was used.
- Improved compatibility with "Xbox 360 Stuff Pack v2".
- RenderWorldShadows : Renders environment shadows while in the front-end.
- RenderCarShadows : Renders vehicle shadows while in the front-end.
- DisableShadowsOnCars : Shadows won't render on vehicles while in the front-end.
- EnableFakeShadowsInShop : Pre-baked shadows will be visible in Customization Shop.
- EnableFakeShadowsInCrib : Pre-baked shadows will be visible in Platform Crib.
- Widescreen Fix by ThirteenAG & Aero_
- MWFixes by GrimMaple
- HD Reflections by Aero_
- Upscaled HUD by LunicAura
- Xbox 360 Converted Movies by elaymm4
- Recompiled Vinyls by nlgzrgn
- Unlimiter by nlgzrgn
- Xbox Rain Droplets by ThirteenAG
- Xbox 360 Stuff Pack (READ FAQ) by osdever & elaymm4
- Xbox 360 Buttons by Aero_
- Extra Options by nlgzrgn
- HUD Resizer by Aero_
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What does this do?
A: This is a standalone script that enables dynamic shadows in the front-end . This feature was originally only available for the Xbox 360 version of the game.
Q: Is this compatible with Xbox 360 Stuff Pack?
A: Yes, but "Xbox 360 Stuff Pack v2" has its own FE shadow implementation by osdever, and I can't guarantee all features will work correctly because of that.
Q: Why are shadows missing in the safe house?
A: This is likely because you're using "Xbox 360 Stuff Pack v2". The shaders from that mod cause many shadows to disappear, including those in the front-end. This is not my fault, there's nothing I can do about it.
Q: What does "FE" or "Front-End" mean?
A: It refers to the menu system and its various locations: Platform Crib, Customization Shop, Career Safe House, and Car Lot. These are all collectively known as the "Front-End" or "FE" for short.
Q: Does this affect performance?
A: It shouldn't, no.
Q: Can I bundle this with my own mod?
A: If your mod is free and you credit me, yes.
Aero_: Creator of NFSMW FE Shadows.
Osdever : Discovery of front-end shadows.
ThirteenAG : Ultimate-ASI-Loader.
BETA TESTER HALL OF FAME
GoldenSW (November 22, 2022 @ 17:23)Sorry for being dumb. :( Just saw it was answered in faq.
GoldenSW (November 22, 2022 @ 17:22)Can someone please explain what front-end means in this context? Sorry if this sounds dumb but this is my first time modding a nfs game.
LightRock97 (November 03, 2022 @ 05:17)Love the moving shadows draping over the cars. Very moody, suspenseful, mysterious...
YellowDude (October 24, 2022 @ 07:19)aaand I just realized I posted the comment on the wrong mod.....
YellowDude (October 24, 2022 @ 07:18)so uh, the objects disappear in the rear view but they still show the shadows, and particles wont appear either, any plans for a fix?
4f8eef-NFSMWFEShadows.zip (Size: 1.1MB) Latest Version
6bfa7b-NFSMWFEShadows.zip (Size: 1.1MB) Old Version
2e1e4c-NFSMWFEShadows.zip (Size: 1.11MB) Old Version
c7f4e4-NFSMWFEShadows.zip (Size: 1.11MB) Old Version
88aad1-NFSMWFEShadows.zip (Size: 1.11MB) Old Version
59712e-NFSMWFEShadows.zip (Size: 1.11MB) Old Version