NFSMW Front-End Shadows [v1.0.2]
HOW TO USE
1. Download and extract NFSMWFEShadows.zip.
2. Move the scripts folder and dinput8.dll to the game's install folder.
3. Download the latest version of the Widescreen Fix for the best results.
- Code clean-up.
- Improved reliability.
- Published source code.
- Fixed a visual bug that occurred when "punchthru" alpha blending was used.
- Improved compatibility with "Xbox 360 Stuff Pack v2".
- RenderWorldShadows : Renders environment shadows while in the front-end.
- RenderCarShadows : Renders vehicle shadows while in the front-end.
- DisableShadowsOnCars : Shadows won't render on vehicles while in the front-end.
- EnableFakeShadowsInShop : Pre-baked shadows will be visible in Customization Shop.
- EnableFakeShadowsInCrib : Pre-baked shadows will be visible in Platform Crib.
- Widescreen Fix by ThirteenAG & Aero_
- MWFixes by GrimMaple
- HD Reflections by Aero_
- Upscaled HUD by LunicAura
- Xbox 360 Converted Movies by elaymm4
- Recompiled Vinyls by nlgzrgn
- Unlimiter by nlgzrgn
- Xbox Rain Droplets by ThirteenAG
- Xbox 360 Stuff Pack (READ FAQ) by osdever & elaymm4
- Xbox 360 Buttons by Aero_
- Extra Options by nlgzrgn
- HUD Resizer by Aero_
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What does this do?
A: This is a standalone script that enables dynamic shadows in the front-end . This feature was originally only available for the Xbox 360 version of the game.
Q: Is this compatible with Xbox 360 Stuff Pack?
A: Yes, but "Xbox 360 Stuff Pack v2" has its own FE shadow implementation by osdever, and not all features may work correctly because of that.
Q: Why are shadows missing in the safe house?
A: This is likely because you're using "Xbox 360 Stuff Pack v2". The shaders from that mod cause many shadows to disappear, including those in the front-end. This is not my fault, there's nothing I can do about it.
Q: What does "FE" or "Front-End" mean?
A: It refers to the menu system and its various locations: Platform Crib, Customization Shop, Career Safe House, and Car Lot. These are all collectively known as the "Front-End" or "FE" for short.
Q: What does "Fake" or "Pre-Baked" shadows mean?
A: Some locations, like the Customization Shop, have static shadow textures that were used for 6th gen consoles. They don't move or react to light. They're fake. You should leave these off unless dynamic shadows are disabled.
Q: Does this affect performance?
Q: Can I bundle this with my own mod?
A: Ask me for permission.
Aero_: Creator of NFSMW FE Shadows.
Osdever : Discovery of front-end shadows.
ThirteenAG : Ultimate-ASI-Loader.
BETA TESTER HALL OF FAME