Need For Speed Remastered
Atmos Sound Effect (Clear Weather) - Re-included the atmos sound effect (clear weather) module, which I forgot to include in the last release.
Enhanced Particle Effects - Improved the exhaust effects light emission. They now affect shadow, diffuse & specular better.
Graphic Presets & Enhanced Particle Effects - Fixed a bug in Enhanced Particle Effects (Clear) that prevented off-track smoke effects from activating properly. Slightly adjusted exhaust effects. Adjusted Default Preset (Clear & Wet) night sky.
1. Handling & Upgrades Module -
- Buff to RWD swap for AWD cars.
- Fine tuned drift configuration for smoother entry, transition & exit.
- Fine tuned grip tuning potential - cars can be tuned to have more grip than before.
- Fine tuned tire configuration for more balanced drift & grip builds, while maximizing drift/grip characteristics.
- New Final Drive Ratio Slider (Separated from Gear Ratio Slider)
> By default Final Drive Ratio is set to High & Gear Ratio is Set to Long; Set them to middle after buying cars to have factory gear & final drive ratios.
- Performance Upgrades Balance for all cars.
- Mod files optimization.
- Other minor changes.]
2. Graphic Presets & Enhanced Particle Effects -
- Improved Color Balance & general tweaks to graphic presets.
- Optimized & significantly improved smoke & dust particle effects.
- Added new graphic presets.
3. Gameplay, AI, Camera Modules - Instant Music Track switching with gamepad. Improvements to AI difficulty balancing. Optional/Alternate Camera module with 4k Wraps.
4. Other general improvements.
Need For Speed Remastered - Improves handling, graphics, pursuit & other gameplay/quality of life features
This is the result of merging my previous mods into easier to manage packages + new features.
More (Pre-release) Screenshots here.
How to install & use:
1. Download Frosty Mod Manager (Download latest version from GitHub)
2. Download the mod
3. Extract the zip files
4. Open Frosty mod manager > Select NFS16 > Click on import Mod(s) & import the .fbmod files from the downloaded mod zip > Select all Mods > Click Apply Mod(s)
5. Make sure all the mods are ticked in the Applied Mods section > Click Launch Game from Frosty Mod Manager
**[Requires latest Frosty 220.127.116.11 or higher: https://github.com/CadeEvs/FrostyToolsuite/releases/]**
1. Remastered Handling & Upgrades Module
Vastly improved arcade handling for each car, extended stance tuning, extended performance & handling tuning options, overhauled performance upgrades & more. Massive improvements to both grip & drift. Now both style are competitive, smooth & fun.
2. Remastered Graphics Preset Packs - Rain Weather & Clear Weather
Each pack includes - Graphic Preset Modules [Night, Dawn, Dusk, Overcast (rain), Storm (rain) twilight + default preset (rain & clear)];
Graphic Presets - Improves lighting, shadow, reflection, colors etc.
Enhanced Particle Effects - Improves exhaust, smoke, kickup & misc particle effects.
Atoms Sound - Appropriate atmospheric sound for clear weather presets. (Clear weather only)
3. Remastered AI Module
Harder performance-matched AI
Five difficulties: Standard, Definitive, Hard, Master & Mixed
4. Remastered Gameplay Module
Better audio, more wrap slots, better paint sliders, instant crash recovery, customizable icon cars, restriction free & tunable spoilers, and many other features/QoL improvements.
5. Remastered Camera Module
Closer, tighter, better aligned chase camera
Alternate: Camera Module + 4k Wraps
6. Remastered Pursuit Module
Buffs cop performance, AI, tactics etc.
7. Remastered HQ Driver, Cop + Tire, Brake Disc + Tirebomb + Chassis Textures
HQ Driver + Cop Character
HQ Tire + Brake Disc
HQ Tirebomb: Includes Bridgestone, Dunlop, Falken, Pirelli, Idlers, Toyo, Yokohama & Goodyear (Only For Becks Kustoms)
HQ Chassis Textures
PLUS, many optional mods - Read (Optional) Readme for all optional/alternate mods.
Optional Music Mod:
1. Remastered Music Mod -
Replaces music with music from HS, HP2, UG, UG2, MW05, CARBON, PS, HP2010, SHIFT2, THERUN, MW12 & NFS2015. All music are louder as well. Use with the remastered playlist mod.
2. Remastered Music Playlist -
Renames all music to match Remastered Music Mod
All music anywhere
1. "Attempt to Save Customization Failed" - usually occurs when car has a rated speed above 250mph (400km)
Primary Fix - Retune gear ratio slider all the way to left (short) so that car has speed lower than 250mph. You should be able to customize/tune your car now. Retune gear ratio to your preference afterwards. Always make sure your car has a rated speed below 250mph before customizing.
Other Potential Fixes:
Fix 2 (for all scenario) - Switch cars/leave & re-enter garage (might not always work)
Fix 3 (for Performance Customization) - Reset Peformance Customization and customize again.
Fix 4 (for Visual Customizatoin) - Reset Visual Customization (including wheels) and customize again.
Fix 5 (for Livery Customization) - Save livery into a new slot
2. Incorrect Speed Rating - The rated top speed and actual top speed may not match, specially when final drive & gear ratio is tuned to be low/long. Only a minor ignorable issue.
3. Liveries applied to the wrong car - due to increased number of livery slots, some liveries might get applied to the wrong car.
Fix - Reapply livery/Reapply & save livery to a new slot.
magician57v (March 07, 2023 @ 10:57)Haven't tested it with wheels. But I don't see any reason why it wouldn't
Orion92 (March 07, 2023 @ 05:48)Does this still work with the wheel support?
Ronnie180808 (February 26, 2023 @ 20:50)About mods, I do use certain mods. But according to the info/notes available for each mod that I use, I can assure you that I refrain from mixing two mods that affect the same game value/feature/function.
Besides, thanks for your work and for prompt response. Remastered mod undoubtedly makes the game so much more better.
Ronnie180808 (February 26, 2023 @ 20:42)I do use a generic controller. But I do not face the turning issue with vanilla game with the same controller. But then again acceleration is not as powerful in vanilla game anyway. I mean the way tires straighten out, it looks like to be happening due to really strong forward thrust. About the cops, I get your point. The timing happened such that by the time I got on to try your mods, I had already achieved fully tuned top tier cars so that's why I kind of missed the chance to see the changes.
magician57v (February 26, 2023 @ 18:27)Could be a controller issue. Are you using anything other than an XBOX One controller? Generally, any other controller other than XBONE doesn't work well for NFS2015 (including vanilla).
As for cops, you will notice their aggression more with slower cars. Absolute top tier cars can still outrun them quite easily. I'll see if I can make more improvements/variations to the cop module.
Also make sure you do not have any conflicting mods from other modders.
48814c-Need For Speed (2015) Remastered Mod Package - Release 3.2.2 DL.zip (Size: 65.2KB) Latest Version
08b930-Need For Speed (2015) Remastered Mod Package - Release 3.2.1 DL.zip (Size: 65.2KB) Old Version
e517cb-Need For Speed (2015) Remastered Mod Package - Release 3.2 DL.zip (Size: 65.2KB) Old Version
db57aa-Need For Speed 2015 - Remastered Mod - Release 3.1 DL.zip (Size: 48.23KB) Old Version
6e10e2-NFS15 Remastered - Release 3 DL.zip (Size: 2.74KB) Old Version
b7a6e5-Need For Speed (2015) - Remastered Mod 2.0.zip (Size: 26.31MB) Old Version
95ca93-Need For Speed Remastered V1.1.zip (Size: 49.15MB) Old Version
4a67cd-Need For Speed Remastered V1.0.zip (Size: 49.15MB) Old Version