Scout's NFSU2 UI Remaster [WIP]
Need for Speed Underground 2 has aged, and so did the User Interface textures. Thanks to Widescreen Fixes the HUD and UI fits perfectly in any screen format.
However, the HUD, Fonts and other Interface textures look really ugly in higher resolutions.
With that said about 6 months ago I decided to start working on a UI Remaster... With focus on quality and accuracy.
UPCOMING VERY SOON!
- Improved Speedometers
- Updates to the freeroam/career map
Stay tuned for the update in the coming weeks!!
Changes and Improvements
- NOS Gauge
- Radar Textures
- Interface elements
- Map (Freeroam Career, Partial) [WIP 50% complete]
- And much more...
Here are some comparison gifs. (I suggest opening them in another tab)
The difference is by far more noticeable in-game.
Instructions on how to install Scout's NFSU2 UI Remaster
- Use the provided Texmod with the latest patch SPEED2.EXE (4.57 MB (4,800,512 bytes)).
- Open Texmod.exe. With the Package Mode tab selected, click on the square above and find your SPEED2.EXE.
- Afterwards, click on the folder icon and find the .tpf included in this folder. Press Run.
It uses TEXMOD. As soon as I get hands on better tools replacing files will be a lot better.
The radar map may be a bit tricky because there are dozens of textures, I will try to do more of the map with every update.
Feel free to send me suggestions and complaints regarding the quality of the mod. There are a still a few adjustments to be made and lots of textures remaining.
The comparisons have tags on them because I don't want people to steal the textures ;)
Explore it, there are a couple extras inside!!