This tool allows to encode TMX audio files for NFS ProStreet/Undercover/World games
- Encode TMX files without HEX editing by selecting pre-encoded GIN files and a WAV/SNR file
- Encode SNR files into EALayer3 and loop them
- Encode TMX files for both AI and Player (UC and up)
- Easily use Black Box's file name pattern
- Extract TMX files from other games via TMX Extractor
- Launch gintool inside of tmxtool
- Tmxtool 1.1 requires JRE or JDK 11 or higher. You can download and install it here: JRE 11
- Q: How do I launch tmxtool?
- A: Via launchTMX.bat. If you launch it directly via .jar file, your mileage may vary
- Q: Where do I get .gin/.snr files?
- A: By encoding them with gintool or extracting them from other games
- 1.1: Initial public release
- 1.1.1: Fixed an issue where Half Throttle and Full Throttle GIN's were in reverse positions
- 1.2: Added translations, changed "Launch GINTool" logic
- No known issues so far
- Azul for their JDK project
- jwfreo for snrtool code
- Kristian Lyubenov for the original TMX tutorial, which this tool was based on
Source code available here
If you want to contribute to the project (add a translation, etc.), don't hesitate to make pull requests. Example messages file can be seen here
stopbreathing (November 16, 2023 @ 09:01)epic mod
TheUnpunished (September 05, 2023 @ 21:33)Yeah I tested the same, should've tested myself. It's fixed on 1.1.1 now anyway.
Thanks for the heads up!
X6zmeisteR (September 05, 2023 @ 16:30)to answer how i found out, i encoded a file that had different loads where the high load had a noticeable supercharger and the low load had none and it was very noticeable especially on decel
TheUnpunished (September 05, 2023 @ 12:23)Fixed in 1.1.1
TheUnpunished (September 05, 2023 @ 11:59)How do you know that?
It's the car_000-engine.tmx from ProStreet