NFS HD Reflections
NFSMW - Added RestoreBackfaceCulling, Removed GeometryFix
1. Move the appropriate scripts folder to your game's install folder.
2. Download and extract Ultimate-ASI-Loader.zip
3. Move dinput8.dll to your game's install folder.
Optional HD Cubemap for Need for Speed Carbon
Note: Check the INI file for all available features! These are just general features.
- HDReflections : Resolution will be increased based on desktop resolution.
- CubemapRes : Controls the resolution of vehicle cubemaps used in the front-end.
- OldGPUCompatibility: Vehicle reflections will be rounded to the nearest power of two.
- Scale : Controls the resolution multiplier of reflections.
- ImproveReflectionLOD : Increases the level of detail used in reflections.
- ExtendRenderDistance : Increases the render distance of vehicle reflections.
- RealFrontEndReflections : Enables real-time vehicle reflections in the front end.
- RealisticChrome : Makes the chrome materiel more reflective.
- VehicleReflectionBrightness : Controls the intensity of vehicle reflections.
Q: Is this compatible with other mods?
A: I can't make any guarantees. It's been tested with Widescreen Fix, Extra Options, Unlimiter, and HUD Resizer. All texture mods and car mods should work.
Q: What are the system requirements?
A: It's difficult to say because it depends on your resolution, settings, and other enhancements being used. For 1080p, an NVIDIA GTX 1060 / AMD RX 480 should be more than enough for default settings.
Q: Why is a No-CD fix required?
A: Need for Speed games have protections (DRM) that make it difficult to view and modify their code, so No-CD patches are often recommended when using ASI scripts. In addition, the memory addresses in my scripts are all harcoded, so it's not something I can easily change. If you're concerned about security, ask the community on the NFSMods Discord to help you acquire these patches from a trusted source.
Q: Why is the latest version of the Widescreen Fix recommended?
A: Most of the features I make are often designed to work with the Widescreen Fix, as I'm heavily involved in the development of both mods. Carbon's "XB360Reflections" and "LightingFix" features are a good example of this. The Widescreen Fix is also a good foundation that everyone should use, since it corrects visual and technical errors the PC ports have.
Q: Why don't I have water reflections like your screenshot of Need for Speed Most Wanted?
A: Install Xbox 360 Stuff Pack V2 by osdever & elaymm4. My screenshot simply demonstrates the improvement in resolution.
Q: What happened to the old mod pages?
A: They've been deleted. I've decided to consolidate everything into a single package; this applies to the download page and source code. It's easier to manage and more convenient for everyone.
Aero_ : Creator of NFS HD Reflections.
osdever : Providing information needed for RestoreShaders in Need for Speed Most Wanted.
SpeedyHeart : Providing information needed for RestoreSkybox and AspectRatioFix in Need for Speed Carbon.