NFS HD Reflections
PS3 Visual Treatment for NFS Carbon
- Added DisableBackFaceCulling, also known as the "GeometryFix" feature from previous versions of HD Reflections.
- Removed "RealFrontEndReflections" from the INI file. This line was mistakenly added in a previous update and is non-functional.
- ImproveMotionBlur will no longer be enabled while in the front-end to prevent possible problems with depth of field.
1. Move the appropriate scripts folder to your game's install folder.
2. Download and extract Ultimate-ASI-Loader.zip
3. Move dinput8.dll to your game's install folder.
Optional HD Cubemap for Need for Speed Carbon
Note: Check the INI file for all available features! These are just general features.
- HDReflections : Resolution will be increased based on desktop resolution.
- CubemapRes : Controls the resolution of vehicle cubemaps used in the front-end.
- OldGPUCompatibility: Vehicle reflections will be rounded to the nearest power of two.
- Scale : Controls the resolution multiplier of reflections.
- ImproveReflectionLOD : Increases the level of detail used in reflections.
- ExtendRenderDistance : Increases the render distance of vehicle reflections.
- RealFrontEndReflections : Enables real-time vehicle reflections in the front end.
- RealisticChrome : Makes the chrome materiel more reflective.
- VehicleReflectionBrightness : Controls the intensity of vehicle reflections.
Q: Is this compatible with other mods?
A: I can't make any promises. It's been tested with Widescreen Fix, Extra Options, Unlimiter, and HUD Resizer. All texture mods and car mods should work.
Q: What are the system requirements?
A: It depends on your resolution, settings, and other graphical enhancements being used. For 1080p, an NVIDIA GTX 1060 / AMD RX 480 should be more than enough for default settings.
Q: Why is a No-CD fix required?
A: Need for Speed games have protections (DRM) that make it difficult to view and modify their code, so No-CD patches are often recommended when using ASI scripts. In addition, the memory addresses in my scripts are all hardcoded, so it's not something I can easily change. If you're concerned about malware, ask the community on the NFSMods Discord to help you acquire these patches from a safe source.
Q: Why is the latest version of the Widescreen Fix recommended?
A: Most of the features I make are often designed to work with the Widescreen Fix, as I'm heavily involved in the development of both mods. Carbon's "ReflectionContrast" and "LightingFix" features are a good example of this. The Widescreen Fix also provides a solid foundation that everyone should use, since it corrects visual and technical errors the PC ports have.
Q: Why don't I have water reflections like your screenshot of Need for Speed Most Wanted?
A: Install Xbox 360 Stuff Pack by osdever & elaymm4. My screenshots simply demonstrate the improvement in resolution and detail.
Q: What happened to the old mod pages?
A: They've been deleted. I've decided to consolidate everything into a single package; this applies to the download page and the source code. It's easier for me to manage and more convenient for the people downloading them.
Aero_ : Creator of NFS HD Reflections.
Archie : Providing information needed for RestoreDetails in Need for Speed Carbon, and RestoreHeadlights in Need for Speed Underground 2.
Berkay & Nlgxzef : Providing information needed for ExpandMemoryPools in Need for Speed Underground 2 and Need for Speed Most Wanted.
osdever : Providing information needed for RestoreShaders in Need for Speed Most Wanted.
rx : Providing information needed for DisableFlareRotation in Need for Speed Carbon.
SpeedyHeart : Providing information needed for RestoreSkybox and AspectRatioFix in Need for Speed Carbon.
Kevin4e (January 09, 2023 @ 14:36)Does the Xbox 360 version of MW have HD reflections?
LightRock97 (November 01, 2022 @ 19:39)The "ImproveMotionBlur" on U2 looks excellent. I usually turn it off immediately, but his one is subtle, looks good and mostly screams when you use nitro. I wonder if it'll come to MW. The Xbox 360 Stuff motion blur is 100% superior to the vanilla one, but this new U2 is better still. Thank you, and keep it up!
Draxin (October 31, 2022 @ 07:35)Disregard my last comment, I forgot to turn the RestoreDetails setting to 2 in the config file...
I'm cringing so hard at myself right now.
@Lumanator MW doesn't have speedlines on PC but Carbon does, there's even a mod that removes them from the game.
Lumanator (October 27, 2022 @ 20:56)It could be me, but where did the speedlines for most wanted and carbon go.
Draxin (October 24, 2022 @ 23:36)Destroyed objects now appear in the rearview mirror however particle effects are still missing after the most recent update.
6fbcde-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 669.7KB) Latest Version
6985ca-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 668.51KB) Old Version
df5e14-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 647.94KB) Old Version
c6d119-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 647.94KB) Old Version
aa51bb-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 640.82KB) Old Version
8d22c7-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 641.04KB) Old Version
9b57d0-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 646.51KB) Old Version
ff0c3a-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 646.42KB) Old Version
edb410-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 646.26KB) Old Version
19ed3f-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 646.27KB) Old Version
380435-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 645.98KB) Old Version
59d395-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 645.95KB) Old Version
811cdc-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 637.28KB) Old Version
9cb834-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 637.25KB) Old Version
6e5b59-NFS HD Reflections.zip (Size: 637.24KB) Old Version