Flowers Are Red - Light's Retexture Mod
So many colors in the morning sun
So many colors in the flower and I see every one
It's a mod that injects some more color and daylight into MW2005. It's not as simple as cranking up the saturation in ReShade or something, I tried that before and I didn't love it.
What you get:
- Greener grass, trees and vegetation, but still some signs of fall
- A more neutral visual treatment, that's not so darn yellow
- Darker road textures, looks great dry and when it's raining, especially if you have "HD Reflections"
- Some signs appear to be lit up, see Burger King and Chop Shop
- Some real world brands and companies added, not a whole lot, just a few here and there, will be expanded in the future
- No billboards were changed, that will come in a later update
- Tire smoke is a little darker when it's dry out, but still white when it's raining
- Grass and leaf particles are now in color, in vanilla they were strangely desaturated
- Several world textures were calibrated, mostly color corrected to be more vibrant, they shouldn't look out of place
- Recolored some traffic and parked vehicles. There were a ton of orange Coupes and blue Cadillacs in Vanilla...
- Rival portraits in Black List menu during free-roam are now in color
- Mod Created with and calibrated for Xbox 360 Stuff Pack Version 2.2 Beta
- It'll totally work and look great even without it, but if your pc can handle it, it'll look a lot nicer with Xbox 360 Stuff
- If you don't have Xbox 360 Stuff, you can just delete the "NextGenGraphics" folder
- Extract and replace my files in game's root
- Import the included ModScript (.nfsms) in NFS-VltEd and save
- Enjoy a more colorful Rockport
- There may be one or two broken textures in the game, that look pitch black and fade to pure white as you approach them.
- I've weeded out the ones I found while playing, but in case there are any left, do let me know.
- There's a subtle but visible seam between road textures, that look lighter or darker depending on the lighting conditions.
- Those appear to be a result of the game's masking, and I haven't been able to fix it. If anyone knows how to correct that, do tell.
- I haven't been able to change any world textures that have alpha masks, mainly doors and windows.
- I would love to be able to change those so that Rockport doesn't have so many broken windows.
- Whenever I change those textures they appear pitch black in game and fade to pure white as you drive closer.
- Please let me know if you've dealt with and have solved this issue before.
Some more adjustments may be on their way. Stay tuned!
Please don't re-upload or alter this mod. I'm all ears for suggestions, but don't get cranky if I don't love them :)