(BETA) NFS ProStreet Revitalised
Public Release 1
- McLaren F1 stock sound changed from cad_ctsvr_b to a, so that it works and matches the console version, and C6 Corvette Stingray no longer changes to C2 sounds after engine upgrades are applied.
- (Available as standalone) Replaced forced induction upgrades on the Plymouth RoadRunner with actual induction upgrades, instead of duplicate engine upgrades.
- (Available as standalone) Gave the Dodge Challenger proper widebody wheel offsets.
- All cars can reach the game's max speed of 250mph.
- Racer assists no longer supports auto-braking.
- The 250mph max speed limitation has been lifted in drag events.
- (DEMO, applies to AE86 Corolla only for now) Speed cars accelerate faster and have greater downforce
Wider and global scale changes
- (Available as standalone) Free Play
- Hidden Redline: rev to max RPM in auto, like in manual.
- Fast Shift: universally sets the gear shifting speed (shift clutch and shift throttle) to 0.2 (except where already lower), removing the need to use clutch manual on some cars.
Also: some FWD and AWD cars shift instantly like all RWD cars do in drag after applying the Fast Shift change
- Reversed the heresy: modern muscles now have supercharger induction upgrades instead of turbos
- Coward Mode (Warning: removing camera shake almost entirely may result in harsh judgement by other players)
- Retail R35 GTR performance changed to skyliner35, its unused performance model.
The stock performance will need to be replaced in a later version of the mod as it causes the car to shift way too early in grip and speed.
- Replaced the carparts on the Ford GT with the Koenigsegg, converting it from tier 2 to 3.
This removes all upgrades across all existing GTs, except nitrous which is universal. The bonus speed car will be reverted back to stock. This change is a prerequisite for a future part of the pack and cannot be avoided if you choose to use the sound mods when they arrive.
- Desktop icon (see the mod thumbnail, includes the PNGs for each size)
- Two license plate designs
(If the images don't work, click here and here
- ??? (See comments, the bonus script has been guessed correctly)
Public Release 2 targets
- New stock performance for Nissan R35 retail (mix between original and the one used here, to fix the shifting RPM)
- New speed physics applied to all cars
- 5/6 speed and 6/7 speed transmissions (causing issues/delays)
- Minor changes to retro muscle upgrade sounds (done)
- Make the retro Mustang GT500 viable for drag (causing issues/delays)
- Hybrid stage 2/4 nitrous for DBR9 and Veyron (done)
- "Revitalised" blueprints for the hero cars (done)
- Introduction of unified sounds
- Remove FOV scaling (camera zoom out effect) when using nitrous, and replace with negative scaling (zoom in) for gear shifting (done)
- Need For Speed World sound import
See the readme for the tools needed for installation.
Video demos are available in the Youtube playlist linked here, but there will be a lot to cover in the end, so I will only show off a couple of things. If there's anything in this pack that you feel I should do a demonstration for and have not done so yet, just let me know in the comments here or on any of the existing videos.