Xbox360 stuff pack
>> Authors: elaymm4 and osdever
"This pack of 'X360 stuff' will improve your game's visuals and will make it look like Xbox 360 version of the original NFS:MW (2005). It contains various things, and you can choose how you'll install this pack."
>> DOWNLOAD: Google drive link
>> SOURCES: Google drive link
>> SCREENSHOTS: Imgur link
ATTENTION: This pack does NOT work with ModLoader!
==== WHAT THIS PACK CHANGES ====
>> Main changes:
- "Time of day lighting" and the screen filter value ported from X360 files by osdever.
- Car part materials from X360 version of the game.
- Patched the game's executable with Car and Sky shaders, ported from X360 version of the game and re-written by osdever with help from SpeedyHeart.
- A special .asi script which changes motion blur to more X360-like, among other things.
>> Re-texture, main part:
- X360 road and some ground/wall textures, including 4 remakes of 4 missing textures from X360's STREAML2RA_perm.BUN file.
- Trees and grass brightnesses are toned down because that's how they look on X360 for most of the time.
>> Re-texture, bonus part: [OPTIONAL]
- The car headlight flare texture is a mix of 3 light textures from NFS Carbon.
- Car brakelight changed to more X360-like one.
- Barrier textures edited to make them look like on X360 (On X360 they are more transparent).
- Sun and Cloud textures were replaced with their uncompressed versions from X360 files.
- Normal map for car damage texture, applied on the damage texture itself.
- Normal maps for tires, applied on their own textures.
- Reflection texture was a bit edited to make it look like X360 one.
- Water textures are taken from "Modern Rockport v1.0".
- Fake uncompressed version of title screen (Fake because it's a mix of X360 splash image, and an uncompressed version of WSSPLASHSCREEN, which gave almost noiseless texture).
- ReShade config which adds a bit more of levels and fake DOF effect (Quite buggy, but that's because it's PostFX). [OPTIONAL]
- Road reflection power was reduced to half, because on X360 when there's rain, roads does not that much reflect world.
- "Cheat Engine" table, with it you can enable motion blur in in-game cutscenes (Good example is BL #9 intro). [OPTIONAL]
- X360 style button icons were added, because ws_fix ones are not canonic. [OPTIONAL]
==== CHANGELOG ====
> > VERSION 1.1.1 < <
- Removed Aero_'s "NFSMW Console HUD Size" (now called "NFSMW HUD Resizer") script because now it's a separate mod. See "BONUS" category to get it.
> > VERSION 1.1 < <
- Some changes in .bat installer.
- Added memory-patched files in case if pack will be installed on the clean game.
- Added Aero_'s "NFSMW Console HUD Size" script. [OPTIONAL]
> > VERSION 1.0 < <
- Initial version.
==== CURRENT BUGS ====
- Some textures with alpha (such as yellow barriers and wires at the docks) can visually disappear in the sky.
- Something in the .asi script heavily reduces performance, it probably shouldn't work like that.
- Getting cops in race will result in a stuck blue filter after the race. Game will fix itself after activating action camera (hitting roadblock / breaking pursuit breaker), or going to the garage.
- Shadows are not getting rendered on the cars.
==== HELP ====
If you have troubles with this mod, contact us:
elaymm4 - elaymm4#9944
osdever - osdever#4170 (Don't complain if I'm in a bad mood and tell you to fuck off though. –osdever)
>> VKontake (Russian's preferred option):
elaymm4 - https://vk.com/id344864894
osdever - https://vk.com/osdever
==== THANKS ====
SpeedyHeart - Help with shaders
(Unknown author) - BIN/BUN Tools
nfsu360 - NFS-VltEd, NFS-TexEd
FDen - Modern Rockport v1.0 re-texture
Dark Byte - Cheat Engine
crosire - ReShade
GXP10 (November 09, 2019 @ 03:17)best graphics mod yet
one thing I want : wind effect missing on high speed.