Revamped Pursuit System (MW)
Full Credits goes to Frexellia , giving me permission to use his v0.6 mod as a basis which can be found here: Link
As of v2.3, the overall difficulty of its mod will be amp up a bit to keep players more on edge than usual. So watch yourself.
Even with an uninstall script included, I still recommend backing up your GLOBAL folder.
Featured in KuruHS' NFS Marathon 2020, you can check them out here:
Part 1 Part 2
- Not recommended using this alongside with Beta Content Mod or any other major mod that also overhauls the Pursuit System completely. May lead to bugged results.
- No plans of adding Rhino only roadblocks in Heats 8-10, as the game will sometimes bug out if implemented.
- Will NOT work with modloader.
- Reworked difficulty.
- Shorter backup time, longer cooldown time.
- Faster catch up of cops even at lower heat levels.
- Roadblocks and spike strips are much more common than before.
- Increased units engaging per heat level.
- Increased cop patrols roaming around the city.
- Faster response time upon starting a pursuit.
& many more!
1: Civic Cruisers
2: Undercover Civic Cruisers
3: State Cruisers & Light SUV Rhinos
4: Undercover State Cruisers, Heavy SUV Rhinos & Air Support Unit.
5: Federal Cruisers, Heavy SUV Rhinos and Air Support Unit.
6: Civic Cruisers, Heavy SUV Rhinos & Air Support Unit. (To match with the final cutscene)
7: Undercover Federal Cruisers, Heavy SUV Rhinos & Air Support Unit.
8: Civic Cruisers, State Cruisers, Federal Cruisers & Air Support Unit.
9: Undercover Civic Cruisers, Undercover State Cruisers, Undercover Federal Cruisers & Air Support Unit.
10: Federal Cruisers, Federal Undercover Cruisers, Heavy SUV Rhinos & Air Support Unit.
Vlted 4.6 is required for installing the mod. Get it here: Link
Extra Options for MW is also required for full experience. Set the values HeatLevelOverride to 1 and PursuitActionMode to 1. Get it here: Link
- Slower Cop Bust - simply takes the cops more time to bust you. For players who can't handle the overall difficulty of the pursuits . Don't get too comfy though, they can still bust you if not careful.
- Cross in Heat 10 - makes Cross part of the Heat level lineup similar to Frexellia's pursuit mod. Replaces Heavy Rhinos upon installing.
- NIS Cruisers in pursuits - adds cruisers only seen in busted cutscenes to Heat levels 1-3. It doesn't replace any cop vehicles in the lineup. Best used with Miner's Beta Cop Cruiser Recreations (replacement version).
- Smackable Spike Strips - simply makes them act like destructible props in-game. You can just simply knock them off and won't puncture your tires.
These features can be uninstalled and reverted back to mod defaults.
Updating the mod:
If the previous version of the mod is already installed, select the Update option in the main script. Alternatively you can run the uninstall script from the last version of the mod you installed, then run a full install on the latest version.
- Air Support in Heat levels 8-10 will only spawn during cooldown mode due to game limits. But it does chase you down when spotted.
- Cop blips on radar sometimes tend to disappear due to game limit of blips, it's more noticeable in levels 8-10.
- Due to the nature of the mod, chances of getting 'Pure Virtual Function call' error will be increased during pursuits. I highly recommend installing GrimMaples' MWfixes script. Get it here: Link
If crashes still occurs, you can run the Mwfixes crash fix included in the zip. Note that this will disable the semi trucks ingame except in drag races.
- Minor fixes made to Air Unit's visual range, made a mistake of decreasing them on the last update.
Note: Ignore the error when updating from v2.3
- Cops are now competent in using box tactics even at low heat levels. They'll only initiate it when your car is slow
- With that said above, cop's ability to bust you has been reworked for better utilization
- Improved visual range of Air support units on you.
- Again, reworked top speed multiplier of patrol units
- A bug in Challenge series #34 where cops will use State Cruisers instead of Undercover ones has been fixed.
- Added missing values for the uninstall script.
- Amount of costs per infraction increased.
- Slight buffs to the patrol cars' top speed.
- Minor changes to Head-on Ram Rhinos in Heat level 3.
- Back-up timer decreased in Heats 6 and up.
- Slight tweaks to their reaction times.
- Added optional feature, 'Smackable Spike Strips'
- Replaced UC Federal Cruisers with Civic Cruisers on start of the Final Pursuit.
- Restored Unused Cops Data included in this update (Thanks Frexellia)
- Major overhaul to the scripts themselves, should be more user-friendly than before.
- Optional Features can now be installed and uninstalled within their script, not separated anymore.
- Installing or updating the mod can be found on the main script itself
- Bounty values for Light SUVs has been decreased. (by Frexellia)
- Added new optional feature for the mod.
- Total number of cops for Heat 7 increased.
- Adjustments with the roadblocks during cooldown mode for Heats 8-10.
- Cop support tweaked, expect 1-2 cops joining during backup countdown even on lower heat levels.
- LOS values tweaked.
- Added two optional features for the mod
- No changes with the main mod. The 'Update' script is still for users having the 1.6 version.
- Added and updated .txt files to abide with the new mod rules (6/11/2020)
- Compiled 1.7 and 1.7.1 versions into one.
- No additional changes.
- Added a missing line for the catch-up. My bad
- Cops now have Carbon's catch-up, w/c means they won't be left behind easily as before.
- Stability tweaks for Light SUVs.
- Increased cops engaging at a time for heats 1-2.
(Heat 1: 5 units instead of 4, Heat 2: 6 units instead of 5)
-Shorter cooldown time for heat level 9 has been fixed.
-Added uninstall script for the mod.
- Added more cop patrols at higher heat levels.
- Cop formations tweaked at levels 8-10, they'll follow a bit closer to the player than before.
- Stability fixes.
- Air Support units can now spawn at Heat levels 8-10.
- Made some tweaks for Search Helicopters during cooldown.
- Added a text file about adding minor pursuit mods into this mod.
- Fixed an issue where Air Support Units would still leave early in the pursuit.
- Minor tweaks at heat level 7.
- Fuel for Air Support Units has been increased.
- Minor tweaks to cop behavior at higher heat levels.
- SUV Rams can now be encountered at levels 9 & 10.
- Cross will now join pursuits at levels 5 and up. Originally appears only at levels 5,6 & 9.
- Cops can now properly box the player at levels 8 and up.
- Spike strips entirely removed from levels 1 & 2.
- Initial Release
- Formerly named as 'Reworked + Diverse Pursuit System'
nfsu360 for Vlted
Frexellia as mentioned above.
Yorpie for the removal of semi trucks in-game as a method for R6025 error fix.
GrimMaple for the MWfixes script.
Avalanche for providing useful values for the mod.
ExOpts Team for the Extra Options.
Other mods shown in screenshots:
- Fixed Cop Models for MW & Beta Cop Cruiser Recreations by C0mmunityMindedMiner
- Tuneable Mercedes SL65 AMG by Zvott96.
- Ferrari 512 TR by AJLethal
- 1999 Nissan Silvia Spec.R (S15) by r1tavratask1
If you experience issues with this mod, send me a message here or DM me thru Discord. Splash45#7455
Splash45 (June 11, 2020 @ 04:47)@Fuckoffwithyourname uhh no, I have no plans to add more heat levels. Also, they were already implemented in Heats 8 and 9 having all marked and unmarked units.
Splash45 (May 21, 2020 @ 03:53)@NOTORIOUS7302 Miner has his own pursuits modified in that mod. So no..
NOTORIOUS7302 (May 21, 2020 @ 02:52)Is it compatible with enhanced difficulty mod from Miner?
Splash45 (May 12, 2020 @ 15:41)@NismoRacer00 I could, but alot of the major mods for Carbon already have Pursuits overhauled. It depends tho..
NismoRacer00 (May 12, 2020 @ 15:02)Can you do the same thing with Carbon?
86b6d7-Revamped Pursuit System v2.3.1.zip (Size: 19.51KB) Latest Version
f6e9de-Revamped Pursuit System v2.3.zip (Size: 19.36KB) Old Version
8b46df-Revamped Pursuit System v2.2.zip (Size: 18.24KB) Old Version
1347d6-Revamped Pursuit System v2.1.zip (Size: 17.37KB) Old Version
f5bf80-Revamped Pursuit System v2.0.zip (Size: 18.3KB) Old Version
41c62e-Revamped Pursuit System v1.7.7.zip (Size: 16.45KB) Old Version
946e28-Revamped Pursuit System v1.7.7.zip (Size: 14.03KB) Old Version
4d4ecb-Revamped Pursuit System v1.7.5.zip (Size: 11.97KB) Old Version
65ac3c-Revamped Pursuit System v1.7.1.zip (Size: 11.83KB) Old Version
04283d-Revamped Pursuit System v1.7.zip (Size: 11.96KB) Old Version
5a5c21-Revamped Pursuit System v1.6.zip (Size: 11.9KB) Old Version
d4aeff-Revamped Pursuit System v1.5.zip (Size: 9.14KB) Old Version
c010bc-Revamped Pursuit System 1.4.zip (Size: 8.06KB) Old Version
2703c1-Revamped Pursuit System v1.3.1.zip (Size: 7.31KB) Old Version
71953a-Revamped Pursuit System v1.3.zip (Size: 7.49KB) Old Version
1dd44b-Revamped Pursuit System v1.2.zip (Size: 6.92KB) Old Version
21fdae-Reworked + Diverse Pursuit System v1.0.zip (Size: 6.73KB) Old Version