NFS Carbon Remastered UI
Need for Speed Carbon is considered one of the best NFS titles of the 2000s, but as time goes, quality standards go up, so I present to you, the Remastered UI for NFS Carbon, This modification aims to improve the User Interface of the game and much more. All of the textures are re-created following the design of the original textures to keep to the nostalgia that is Carbon. This modification IS NOT a TexMod TPF, instead, all of the textures are replaced directly within the files for maximum efficiency and convenience.
Here are a few notable changes that are made:
- Outlines and background elements
- Menus and selections
- Autozone and career
- Crew camos
- Map and icons
- Challenge series medals and stars
- Car classes and types
- Turf backgrounds
- Pursuit indicators
- Intro screen
- Crew section and member abilities
- Race type icons
- Track maps
- (BONUS) Improved brake discs from Undercover
- (BONUS) Normal-mapped HD Carbon Fiber
- (BONUS) Modern Palmont license plate
EVERYTHING - Instructions included in the ReadME file.
>>>> What's new in 3.3?
- Updated the body font to HelveticaNeue Condensed (Much more accurate)
- Mipmapped the body font
- Removed the bold fonts (again)
- Added NFS 2015 Style Minimap as an optional content
- Added 60FPS Barrier Animation as an optional content
- Added HD Barrier backdrop
>>>> What's new in 3.2?
- Added HD Track maps (Thanks Madevi)
- Bonus contents are back (Bold font and custom license plate)
- Mipmaps are re-adjusted
>>>> What's new in 3.1?
- New and accurate splash screen logo (Thanks Aero_)
- Script cleanup
>>>> What's new in 3.0?
- Moved the mod entirely to Binary
- Every single mod is now supported and should work fine with Remastered UI
- Fonts now look on par with the vanilla game (Thanks Madevi)
- Significantly lowered the file size
- Re-added the HD splash screen logo
- Fixed the radar ring texture
>>>> What's new in 2.6?
- Added Polish characters
- Added a normal-mapped carbon fiber
- Recreated the mouse cursor
- Replaced HD Font Support with HD Content Support
- Slightly adjusted the bonus license plate
- Smoothed the body font further
>>>> What's new in 2.5?
- Fully fixed Carbon Battle Royale Mod Support
- Optimized ALL of the textures for better visibility on low screen resolutions
- Recreated the crew member ability icons
- Recreated ALL of the mode icons
- Recreated the drafter turning indicator icons
- Recreated the vinyl editor icons
- Recreated the Picture-in-Picture frame
- Recreated the drift meter
- In-game emitter UI icons are now properly remastered
- Improved the fonts smoothness
- Fixed the star symbol in the main body font
- Fixed NFS Movie font
- Added two bonus contents (New Palmont license plate & Bold font)
- Upscaled some additional textures with normalmaps
- Added support for Extended Car List 2
- Added support for Ferarri F40 [Add-on]
- Added support for Ferarri 288 GTO [Add-on]
- Added support for Lamborghini Countach [Add-on]
- Added support for (993) 911 Carrera [Add-on]
>>>>What's new in 2.4?
- Minimap radar is now properly remastered
- Added support for the latest Carbon Battle Royale mod
- Optimized a few of the textures
- Added support for Bugatti Divo [Add-on]
- Added support for Bugatti Veyron 16.4 [Add-on]
- Added support for Lotus Evora [Add-on]
- Added support for McLaren Senna [Add-on]
- Added support for Lamborghini Sesto Elemento [Add-on]
>>>> What's new in 2.3?
- Recreated a few of the mode icons
- Recreated the pause menu Palmont City background
- Recreated the keyboard button icons
- Crew camos types are now properly remastered
- Fixed 8-bit looking textures
- Fixed support for Carbon Battle Royale Mod
- Added support for Carbon Battle Royale Car Addon Pack
- Added support for Carbon Battle Royale DLC
- Added support for Porsche 919 Hybrid Evo [Add-on]
- Added support for Ferrari F8 Tributo [Add-on]
>>>> What's new in 2.2?
- Added HD Fonts for title, body and tac numbers
- Added support for Carbon Battle Royale Mod
- Added support for the 2019 Apollo Intensa Emozione [Add-on]
- Detailed the pause menu map with shortcuts, bridges, etc...
- Updated support for the Ultimate Mod
- Improved the emitter textures
- Removed DYNTEX.BIN (Splash screen logo) until TexEd properly supports it
>>>> What's new in 2.1?
- Added support for the Endgame Mod
>>>> What's new in 2.0?
- Fixed DYNTEX.BIN crash, AGAIN (Hopefully this time it works)
- Added support for the Improvement Mod
- Added support for the Ultimate Mod
- Added support for Mitsubishi Eclipse Elite [Add-On]
- Added support for Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione [Add-On]
- Added support for 1990 BMW M3 Sport Evolution (Evo III) (E30) [Add-On]
- Added support for Ford GTX1 [Add-On]
- Did the EATrax icons
>>>> What's new in 1.1?
- Fixed DYNTEX.BIN crash (Thanks Aero_)
- Fixed compression issue
- Improved and fixed a few icons
- Added support for MrAdam's Extended Car List
- Removed unnecessary texture archives
highwaywarrior (August 18, 2021 @ 21:41)i think this mod isnt compatible with W2C
BadassBaboon (May 31, 2021 @ 13:54)@Redline You have to manually find the textures and test to see if it matches or not.
Redline (May 29, 2021 @ 13:38)Hi Badassbaboon,
I am currently trying to transfer several textures (roads, façades, etc.) from a Texmod TPF into the original game files, very similar to what you have done here -- only with less success. The names (or addresses?) of the textures I have extracted from the TPF via TPFextract do not in the slightest resemble anything I find within the .lzc or .bin files. For example: NFSC.EXE_0x0A062155. Can you give me a hint on how to interpret or translate such naming?
Thanks in advance,
TsipTseese (April 01, 2021 @ 12:32)@BadassBaboon Hey, is there a way for me to create custom fonts for this game? Though I like the one you used, I'd still prefer using a custom font of my own.
BadassBaboon (March 29, 2021 @ 13:04)@Emu I've added the HD Barrier backdrop in the new update but the arrows are currently not possible to replace as their animation will break.
7c4b0c-Remastered-Textures-3-3.7z (Size: 14.71MB) Latest Version
b72bd5-Remastered-Textures-3-2.7z (Size: 14.45MB) Old Version
fe6be7-Remastered-Textures-3-1.7z (Size: 12.95MB) Old Version
778936-Remastered-Textures-3-0.7z (Size: 12.94MB) Old Version
5c22a5-Remastered-Textures-2-6.rar (Size: 348 bytes) Old Version
f4fb3f-Remastered-Textures-2-5.rar (Size: 501 bytes) Old Version
2c1baa-Remastered-Textures-2-3.7z (Size: 22.88MB) Old Version
a36f59-Remastered-Textures-2-2.7z (Size: 21.61MB) Old Version
665a72-Remastered-Textures-2-1.rar (Size: 29.64MB) Old Version
822f9c-Remastered-Textures-2-0.rar (Size: 29.45MB) Old Version
6d3ade-Remastered-Textures-1-1.rar (Size: 29.15MB) Old Version
590a40-Remastered-Textures-1-0.rar (Size: 30.37MB) Old Version